Sunday, August 10, 2008

Playing with my doll, Charlotte

I am working through a difficult time in my life. The difficulties are not over yet, but I am working on how I deal with stress. So I've decided that I need to spend more time playing and taking care of myself. I made this little doll, Charlotte, when I was in the 5th grade. I had just started reading the "Little House" books by Laura Wilder. Laura's mother made her a doll and they named her Charlotte, so of course, I named my doll Charlotte.

She has stayed with me through 42 years and countless moves. Somewhere along the line, she lost her skirt and shawl. So today I made her a new skirt. I have some lovely, soft red merino wool yarn for a shawl.

Charlotte got her picture taken with some of my other dolls.....made by the clothing company, Flax. I found them while in Maine last summer. I printed the image on cloth and surrounded it with some of my favorite fabrics and phototransfered images of morning glories blooming on my front porch.

5 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

Katherine, I think it´s good to play when we not feel well! Take care!
I have post your cards today :-)

GypsyWagons said...

Gunnel,

Thank you! I am looking forward to receiving your card! I have not completed the tiny quilt that I will be sending, but it won't be too long!

gunnelsvensson said...

Hi Katherine!
I can wait :-))

GypsyWagons said...

Hi Gunnel,

I finished your little quilt last night. It is one with the Chinese woman working in her garden. I washed it last night and it is still drying. I remembered that you liked that image.

I will get it in the mail next week, I hope you like it!

gunnelsvensson said...

Oh, thank you very mĂșch! Yes, I like that quilt very much! But it´s too much!! I hope I can give you back something another time
I hope you like the cards I have sent for you !