I have been working on several larger quilt pieces this month. I found a block that I started last summer. I printed a 81/2" by 11" image of persimmons and pieced a bear paw block with some Liberty of London fabric. I did not like the block when I finished it and put it away. I uncovered it recently and added some borders and some smaller images of the persommion picture. I am liking the finished piece much better.
Also worked on a "Life is NOT Always a Bowl of Cherries" piece. I experimented with a modified pineapple construction and added a lot of hand stitching after I machine quilted the piece. I have been inspired by Jude at SpiritCloth and all of her hand stitching, so I thought I would try it and I am very happy with my progress. I still want to add a little more stitching to this one.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment