Gunnel nominated me for an award for creating a blog that "brings me inspiration and makes me appreciate the blogosphere." In turn, I am naming the ten blogs that inspire me.
Michelle C Moode at http://millionsofpeoplehappy.blogspot.com/
Cathy Cullis at http://www.novembermoon.com/
Christina Romeo at http://dogwoodstudio.blogspot.com/
Amy Schimler at http://www.redfishcircle.blogspot.com/
Sara at http://thefabricofmeditation.blogspot.com/
Jude at http://spiritcloth.typepad.com/
Nancy Blevins at http://www.motleymutton.com/ I had purchased one of her possum necklaces at another shop in West Virginia last year.
Mimi Kirchner at http://mimikirchner.com/blog/
Elaine Lipson at Red Thread Studio: Slow Cloth, New Cloth, Art Cloth at http://lainie.typepad.com/redthread/
and of course, Gunnel at http://gunnelsvensson.blogspot.com/
Ok, for my eleventh one I should include http://www.etsy.com/ which started all of this for me. I spent a lot of time surfing on Etsy and discovered many of the artists mentioned above, including Cathy Cullis, Michelle Moode and Christina Romeo. Then I found Flickr, then I found their blogs and started my own Flickr site and blog. I have only had both sites up for a month now, but already I feel like I have a much larger community than I did a month ago. Thank you Gunnel for including my blog in your list and enjoy meeting the bloggers who have inspired me!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Katherine!
So fun to see the blogs wich inspire you!
Thanks for the link... that was funny, I just hopped on your blog to tell you that I posted your frog and snail mini quilts today.
hi hun, great list, i love blog hopping and i love the way you use colour in your work, may we trade blog links? fllowed you from flickr where you favorated my bunnies in the road !
it's a pleasure to know that my blog is an inspiration. your quilts are lovely! best of luck!
Thank you all for contacting me. Michelle, I read that you attended WVU. I worked with the Ceramics program there at my last job. I went to China in 2006 to see the partner program that they have with the Jindezhing (sp?) Ceramics Institute in China. It was an amazing trip!
Post a Comment